So you’re on the mission to eat healthy, and change your
life which each meal - super exciting!
After cutting out gluten, processed sugar, dairy, and highly processed
grains, I’ve been on a mission to find delicious yet guilt free ways to still indulge. If you’re in the mood for a yummy breakfast
bite, satisfying snack, or even a not-so-sweet dessert look no further. These muffins are super moist and can even be
topped with fresh fruit for an extra treat.
1 1/3 cups coconut palm sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil (or light olive oil)
1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon almond extract (vanilla extract works great too)
1 cup flax meal flour
1 1/2 cup almond meal flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice and extract.
2. Combine dry ingredients; add to the egg mixture and mix well.
3. Add zucchini and mix well.
4. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
5. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
6. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.