Yes, my friends, my experimental kitchen shenanigans have helped me stumble upon yet another delicious, healthy, and power packed treat. Who doesn’t like a good slice of banana bread, yet could do without the “aftermath,” as I call it? I’ve found your solution. This cookie is gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free and has the consistency of biting into fresh baked banana bread. Super easy to make too!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl beat two eggs (or egg substitute)
3. Mash in the bananas until well combined, and then add almond butter, baking powder, baking soda, melted coconut oil, honey, salt, vanilla, and stir.
4. Add oats, almond meal and flaxseed meal, mix well.
5. Add nuts (and carob chips) and stir until well combined. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to harden slightly.
6. Drop cookies by spoonfuls on a lightly greased baking sheet (I use coconut oil).
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
Store cookies in an air tight container to keep fresh for up to a few days. Refrigerate or even freeze for longer storage time and a colder treat.
Happy baking & tasting!