With the recent and gracious gift of several beautiful, ripe, succulent mangos from a dear girlfriend of mine, I've gone mango mad creation mode. I went a savory route one night with my Mango Avocado Salsa atop fresh grilled white fish, but today I crave a sweet treat. These muffins are moist, packed with flavor, and super easy. (ps you MUST like coconut though. If not, you could probably try substituting with almond milk, almond flour, grape seed oil, and omit coconut flakes all together..? If this is you...good luck, my friend ;)
*The reason they're "Tops" is because these beauties don't really puff up too much like regular muffins, but rather create that gooey, textured, amazing top-like part of the muffin that we all adore.
Coconut Mango Blueberry Tops
3 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 Tbsp coconut milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup diced mango
1/2 cup diced blueberry
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. In a large bowl mix eggs, honey, coconut oil. coconut milk, salt and vanilla.
3. In a seperate bowl, sift together baking powder and coconut flour, then combine with wet ingredients.
4. Mix the batter well, removing any lumps, then gently fold in the mango, blueberries, and coconut flakes.
5. Dollop heaping tablespoons into a lightly greased muffin tin (I use coconut oil spray) and evenly dispurse any batter leftover.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes. (I did 17 minutes exactly, and they just slightly dark on the bottom, delicious all over!)
Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling wrack for another 5 minutes.
Yields 12 muffins tops.